March 12, 2007

Peony -Chinese brush painting-



Sorry for the horrible quality of this picture. >.> Had to take a photo since it was way too big to scan.

Anyway, these flowers are peony and done in chinese brush painting medium.

This is probably one of the few times I will actually post any of my painting works but I'm glad this painting was finally done after such a long time. -.- At least I'm satisfied at how it turned out. xD Hope you guys like it. x)

Tool: brush, paints Time: too long

7 comments:

May said...

that's siiickk :O

Shelley Xia said...

lol..is that a good thing?
xP
or..are you like kim "flowers and me don't go together" ?
xD

Unknown said...

O.M.G.

well actually i saw it already in feb xD

BUT STILL
IT'S SO GOOD
EW SHELLEY
I WISH I HAD ARTISTIC POWERS =[

Unknown said...

ahaha me too :P it's so pretty :]

Anonymous said...

OMG SO PRETTY BEEYOOTIFUL :D:D

ME WANT D:

lol. :P REALLY it's so awesomely awesome.

. . connie . . said...

XDD You go! Traditional..
Ftw? Not really. Oh well.
It takes really good control for water/ink on rice paper. - -; Good job, Shelley.

Anonymous said...

agreed. i detest peonies tho, xD. uh, i think your flowers don't have enough of that white inside and dark outside contrast...i think it might just be the photo. and your branches need just a wee bit more detail and more of a gnarl...good job tho. i suggest for branches to draw in black first. and the leaves are ok! lol, i sound so critical. my art teacher probably just has a different style...like he has more ink, and only the flowers are really in color...usually, i prefer more detailed birds because peonies are like blobs of layered color. lol.
the placement is excellent!! better than what i can do with peony...-_- but cranes are hard too...