July 28, 2007

LJ Doujinshi


..Cloud 8 seems dead.

IMPORTANT;PLEASE READ
This is the cover page for a doujinshi (fan comic) that I drew as a project for my comic book illustration class. I thought it would be nice to post it and see what others thought.

I'm only posting the cover page here but if you want to read the actual comic, pages 1-3 are up on my DA account: http://natsuyukili.deviantart.com/
This comic is centered around Lily and James, set back into the Marauders era. Please read the comic before you comment. If you have a DA account, I would appreciate it if you comment on DA instead of here. Comments on the general layout, story, inking, etc. would be great. Thanks!
Tools (for cover and pages): Copic markers, liners, quill and ink, lettering on cover page only on PS; almost all of artwork done traditionally
Lily, James (c) Rowling

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice coloring ^_^

Anonymous said...

cloud 8's not dead, look at all the stuff everyone's posted.
my scanner is dead however
agreed to neji.
i like how asian james looks xDD
james's head seems a little off though, it might just be that the hair is like part of the 'circle' of his head...
lily's lips look slightly off too, i think it's the shadowing
i think it would be better if the inking lines were smoother

lily's left shoulder is too big for that view


but i really like the crest coloring, it seems to glow
i hope you don't mind the criticism

Shelley Xia said...

I meant dead as in no one's really commenting much. xD
ahaha, thanks; I think everyone I draw looks asian -.-
No, I don't mind; thanks for the comment! :]