January 21, 2007

Hypatia of Alexandria


-Hypatia of Alexandria
surprisingly, this was for a Math assignment..if you have Sugden, you know what I'm talking about ;]
anyway, this is sort of a "speedpaint" kind of art since I didn't want to spend that long on a project. But even "speedpainting" took 2.5 hrs of my time >.<
well, what can I say, I want those 15 points!
photoshop + tablet, pencil; 2.5-3 hours
[edit] yes i know, the hands are kinda weird and so are the eyes >.<
btw, the blue flame thing is kind of like an "aura" and read the words then you'll know why i put the math equations/symbols :]
enjoy people xP

9 comments:

klu said...

Hrm.
Like the hands, they're good. :]
But you're right, the eyes are a little awkward-looking.
And the hair/math-aura-stuff looks fine too.
But her hair and the background are a tad too similar... maybe darken the background further?

Christine said...

nice
stass and i did her last year in suen
this year im doing some weird old chinese fart >_____< mep.
lucky me im not in your class

Jen said...

Auto Response: Jen would like to comment about how beautiful this piece of art is, but right now, she is too busy staring in awe.

May said...

hm, if it's an aura, I suggest that you soften the edges a bit more.
same with the shininess of the hair, the white seems separate from the color

Unknown said...

It's quite pretty :]

Unknown said...

it's pretty =] i like the hands holding all the symbols xD

Unknown said...

It's beautiful :O I love the coloring. Gj on getting the extra five points. haha

Anonymous said...

I like the highlighting on the hair. I also wish I had your dedication to completing a piece.

Anonymous said...

nice. i don't do CG, but if i did, it'd look uber bad. i seriously can't CG; im way too traditional. rice paper and ink all the way~! xD